Title: Facilities Automation Specialist
Our client, a leading innovator in smart buildings and cities provides a combination of software, hardware, and service solutions to its customers to improve energy management, air quality and continuous emission monitoring. They are looking for a Facilities Automation Specialist join their team in Vaughan.
The Facilities Automation Specialist will establish foundational building system infrastructure foundation within existing, and new buildings. This role will work with site teams, consultants, and vendors globally to deploy and integrate building system technologies that support our clients’ initiatives.
Facilities Automation Specialist Details & Benefits
- Day Shift, Monday-Friday
- Benefits after 3-month probationary period
- RRSP Contributions
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- $95,000-$105,000 salary
Shifts: Monday to Friday 9:00am-5:00pm
Facilities Automation Specialist Responsibilities and Duties
- Utilizing our client’s directive and technology roadmap, assist sites with the deployment, integration, and adoption of building technologies.
- Work collaboratively, and in a consultative manner with vendors, designers, engineering consultants to specify building technology solutions for capital upgrade projects, and new developments.
- Work with development teams to ensure new sites are designed and built with necessary building system technologies
- Develop and maintain inventory of building system technologies in buildings across the portfolio
- Lead regional workshops with site teams to develop Digital Building roadmaps and capital plans
- Keep up to date on the latest building system technologies, form working relationships with vendors
- Co-develop and update Digital Building Technology standards
- Pilot and test new technologies.
Facilities Automation Specialist Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or equivalent experience-mechanical, electrical preferred
- 5+ years’ experience in building operations, retrofit, controls, or design, or development
- Including experience with building systems-Building Automation System, lighting, meters, networks, CCTV etc.
- Detailed understanding of/experience with building system protocols and controls – BACnet, Modbus, or experience with industrial controls and API’s
- Experience in managing large scale deployment projects – with building technologies ideally, or
working knowledge of IT, networking, and servers
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills and experience presenting to large groups of people
- Understanding of/experience with IoT devices and/or cloud platforms an asset
KIT Recruitment is a 100% Canadian owned and operated company serving the GTA and surrounding areas. We are extension of our clients HR departments.
Candidates are encouraged to apply, who are eligible to work in Canada for any employer, without sponsorship.