Title: Health & Safety Specialist
Come join our growing team as a Health & Safety Specialist in a animal processing facility. This is a key role in the success of the operation and we are looking forward to speaking with you. The ultimate goal is to create a strong Health and Safety focus amongst the workforce.
- Monday - Friday 8:00am to 4:30pm
- Vacation: 3 Weeks
- RRSP & Pension Plan: Starts after 1 year of work. Company will match %
- Benefits: Yes
- Reporting to the Plant Manager
- Provide health and safety knowledge and advice to those working in the facility
- Follow safety legislations, guidelines, and standards to support the plant's safety program and initiatives
- Work closely with members of the organization on health and safety issues that arise
- Walking through the facility to ensure compliance with policies and standards
- Focusing on ways to eliminate workplace injuries and incidents
- Identifying areas of improvement and communicating these ideas and discoveries with the management team
- Performing health and safety training as required to the workforce
- Conduct audits of the plant as required
- Prior H&S experience in an UNIONIZED facility a MUST!
- Valid advanced First Aid Certificate
- Strong Knowledge of Federal and Provincial safety legislation, regulations and safety standards
- Diploma or Certification from a valid Occupational H&S Program
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
**This is a PERMANENT, DIRECT HIRE, FULLTIME role** You are on the company payroll from day one.
- PR of Canada required for this role