Title: Maintenance Technician
Large International Food Manufacturer is actively looking for qualified Maintenance Technician located in Etobicoke, Ontario.
- Performs all repairs, develop and carry out preventative maintenance inspections, follows preventative maintenance schedule to sustain the optimal performance of equipment and minimize downtime and costs in compliance with HACCP rules, JSA’s and SOP’s and other requirements.
- Production line troubleshooting, identify spare parts required and ordering of parts
- Responsible for troubleshooting of machinery to minimize downtime; acts upon an intense sense of urgency to on-floor calls and emergencies
- Responsible for completing a work schedule in cooperation with departments and Maintenance & Production Supervisors
- Acts a liaison for contractors conducting repairs in the plant
- Ensures that all required documentation is completed correctly and on-time. i.e. Daily Time Sheets, pre-operational forms, preventative maintenance logs, temperature recording and equipment monitoring, work orders, etc.
- All work performed and completed may require skills such as electrical, PLC Programming, refrigeration, hydraulics, pneumatics, vacuum, plumbing, fabricating and other areas as needed.
· Millwright or Electrician License is required
· 5 years’ experience in food packaging equipment and industrial maintenance experience
· Good knowledge of electronics and PLC technologies and troubleshooting skills
· Understands programmable controls and is computer literate
· Additional Skilled Trade Licenses would be an asset
· Good writing and oral communications skills
· Assess decision making qualities and work under pressure
SHIFT: 6:00am to 2:30pm /2:00 pm to 10:30 pm
Hourly Rate: $32.85/$33.80
- Pension plan where the company puts in 2% to match your 2%
- Benefits which cover health, dental and vision after the probation of 60 working days